Welcome to our holiday blog



Welcome to our holiday blog

This blog records the daily activities on our holiday from mid- May to mid-June 2011. The main purpose of the holiday is to visit Nicky, John and Amelia in London.

We will also be going to places we have never seen before including Beijing (China), New Forest (UK), Barcelona (Spain), Croatia and Dubai (UAE).



Saturday 18 June 2011

Day 37 - Saturday 18th June

After landing in Kuala Lumpur, we made our way to the business lounge again to wait for our connecting flight to Sydney. Unlike the lounge in Dubai, we managed to get good WiFi reception.

On taking off, we struck turbulence again. Although the seats would recline, they didn't go flat enough for a good sleep. Yet again, the entertainment system was old fashioned and next to useless. I did manage to get some sleep.

The landing in Sydney was heavy and added to my impression that the Malaysia Airlines pilots leave a lot to be desired. All in all, not a good advertisement for Malaysia Airlines.

At the duty free store, the system declined my MasterCard - just like we'd experienced at our last cafe in Dubai.

Sydney airport queues were slower than we'd experienced overseas. There was no queue at the taxi rank but the driver we got reminded me of the low standard of customer service that we often have in Sydney.

When we got home, Cleo was very happy to see us. We thanked Laura for looking after things while we were away.

I rang Westpac about my MasterCard problems and they informed me that someone had tried to use my card fraudulently a few days ago and they wanted to cancel the old cards and reissue us with replacements. I agreed and thanked them for their diligence.

We were back home to reality after a wonderful holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment