Welcome to our holiday blog



Welcome to our holiday blog

This blog records the daily activities on our holiday from mid- May to mid-June 2011. The main purpose of the holiday is to visit Nicky, John and Amelia in London.

We will also be going to places we have never seen before including Beijing (China), New Forest (UK), Barcelona (Spain), Croatia and Dubai (UAE).



Monday 23 May 2011

Day 11 - Monday 23rd May

Just for something different, we had breakfast this morning at the Costa Cafe in Golders Green rather at the B&B. After that, we tried to take our washing to the laundromat but it wasn't open yet. Suzy then caught the train to London to go shopping while I drove the car back to Thrifty at West Hampstead, stopping along the way to fill it up with petrol at a petrol station about 1km from Thrifty.

The TomTom got me there successfully despite telling me a couple of times to turn right over a very high median strip. I figured that Thrifty wouldn't have been happy if I had tried to batter my way through these obstacles. Yesterday it had suggested that we turn left into the ocean and we had decided not to follow her suggestion then either. I then walked back to Swiss Cottage station and caught the bus back to Golders Green.

I tried the laundromat again and this time it was open. She showed me how to use the washing machines and then the drier. Each time I filled in time by going for a walk.They offer a special price of 99p to iron a shirt but charge 2 pounds for anything else such as trousers. They even charge 2 pounds to iron a handkerchief. I left her with just my shirts and came back late afternoon to pick them up.

The internet access is faster at the B&B than at Nicky and John's at present and so I took advantage of the good signal at the B&B. John has been in touch with their supplier and they think the problem might be the modem and so they are sending out a replacement modem.

After buying a couple more bottles of wine, I caught the bus to their place but, when I got there at 6pm, there was nobody home. Nicky had gone to the hairdresser and they were all still there.

Nicky cooked a lamb roast for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment